Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thoughts from the movies... Transformers


I went to see Transformers last night. My first thought about it is that it is a perfect summer movie. Shallow characters, not real deep script, but rockin' special effects!


Throughout the movie I kept thinking, this is impossible, or that line was so lame, but at the same time I was riveted to my seat waiting for what was going to be coming next. It was like I was transferred back to being a 9 - 10 year old watching these toys who were 'more then meets the eye' come to life.



I know this movie has been out for awhile, and if you were going to see it, you probably already have. But as long as you go into it knowing that it is a summer popcorn movie, it is a lot of fun.



On a side note, I think you will get more out of this movie if you played with the toys growing up. I went with a friend who didn't grow up with them and the story line was too much of a stretch.

The other thing was that I remember having some smaller Transformers who could be put together to create a bigger robot who had even greater powers. I kept waiting for one of those to show up, but it never did.... maybe for the sequel?

No comments: