Friday, November 30, 2007

Overheard - the essence of being a man

I was watching TV last night and saw an interview. My memory sucks so this isn't word for word, but the essence was this, the person being interviewed was asked what is the most important thing in your life? The answer went something like this -

Family. Family is the most important thing. I am not a perfect man, in fact I have proven that time and again that I am not. You hope to be a husband forever and you will be a father forever. I hope that when I look back on my life 5 years from now I can say that I am doing a better job now then I was, and that I can say the same thing even more 10 years from now and so on.

That was the answer that was given while talking about all the records and all of the stuff that Brett Farve has accomplished. It is something to reach and strive for. That is a real man.

No comments: