Monday, February 4, 2008

The greatest Super Bowl ever?


I have to admit that I have a soft spot for underdogs. And while I am sure that most people do - it seems to be something ingrained in us - even I wasn't giving the Giants a change or a prayer of even being close in this game.

My biggest hope was that it would at least be close and that the commercials would be worth watching. Well all of that was flipped. The commercials sucked. But the game!


I am sure that there are many in the Boston area who would disagree, but this game was probably the best game all year. It was inspiring to see a team that had been beat up (their best tight-end sat in a luxury box with a broken leg) and beat down just come out and play smash mouth football.


There are so many great story lines from a coach and a quarterback that were both on the fast track out of town to a defense that played their brains out against the greatest offense football had ever seen. To a team almost touching perfection and not quite getting there.

This was the play of the night:


Amazing.

No comments: