Saturday, July 26, 2008

Good luck and good times

A friend of mine is leaving this week to take a postion with another department. While I am excited and thrilled - it is a promotion and a chance to really do some cool things - I am sad in a purely selfish way.

When I first started at Mayo, she was one of the first people to really show me 'the ropes' and help me navigate the tough transition into a job where you really don't have any idea what you are doing.
So while we will still see each other in the hallways and over Starbucks brews (I am going to make a point of this). I am going to miss having the chance to work closely on projects together.

It is hard to find someone that you can brainstorm with and create (at least on a whiteboard) some world changing products and ideas. 

So good luck Shawna! I wish you the best of luck and times in your new role!