Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Why Starbucks is closing stores

I happen to love Starbucks. I just feel like I need to say that right off the bat. My all time favorite is the White Chocolate Mocha. I could drink that stuff all day, every day. There is a Starbucks that is about four blocks away and my little slice of heaven is sneaking over there and sucking down some highly caffeinated bit of heaven.

I thought that heaven was coming even closer to reality when a new Starbucks opened up that was only a block and a half away. This is a new store with nice cushy chairs - these are the kind of chairs that when you sit down you just sink into a pillow of softness that you may never come back from. So not only is this closer it has a great environment. This is when I know that life is good.

However, here is where it breaks down. The coffee and drinks from there suck beyond belief. I got a White Chocolate Mocha yesterday (was treating myself just because) and it tasted like raw swamp water. And all of the syrup was all collected at the bottom of the drink and was just foul. In fact it was so bad I am quite sure that I will not go back to this store. And this makes me sad. Like I said, I love Starbucks. But why pay over priced fees for something that I could just dip a cup along side the road after a rain storm and get the same effect?

This is the problem with Starbucks. They need to have great drinks. The chairs might be great. The tunes are hip. But if the drinks suck - why go?

No comments: