Sunday, May 9, 2010

Book review: Everyone Communications by few connect

I was lucky to be able to get a copy of this book to read and review through the Tomas Nelson Book Sneeze program that allows me to get free copies of books to read and review.

I love to read books, but there are many times when you read a book cover to cover and maybe pull an idea or two from it. Rare is it that every page contains an idea, quote, thought or practical application that you can take and apply to those around you.

This book is like a mater’s program on getting the most out of your life. It is not something that you can just zip through, but in order for this to be effective, you need to ‘marinate’ on the ideas that are jammed between the covers and start applying the ideas one at a time. There are many books about getting better about a specific area of your life, or moving up in your career, but I don’t know if I have read a book like this that applied to virtually every part of my life.

This book isn’t just a ‘How to’ manual, it lays out practical concepts and then backs them up by examples and quotes from influential people. However, the most effective part however is they ‘real life’ stories and thoughts that are shared by common people like you and me that help make these concepts more real.

I could attempt to list out all of the great concepts and talk about how much more effective you will be at your professional and personal relationships, how your outlook on these relationships will change and if you take these concepts to heart it will require a ton of work but your life will be better for it, but I won’t do that. I will just say, you should get a copy and read it. And then start to apply some of these principles and watch things start to come together.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

do you loan out books?

Mark Kaske said...

I can and do if you are interested.