Monday, January 10, 2011

Plans for the year?

Question mark
I am not a person who has goals. I know that sounds strange as it seems that everyone tells you to have goals, have something to aim at, or you are going to be a failure. The problem is that is not how I am wired. If I look back on my life there is no way that I would have been able to set goals that would have set me up to be where I am at.

I have struggled with this at various points, because it seems like maybe I am just being a wimp to not set goals. So I have worked at it, but it just isn't me. But this is the time of year when people start thinking about what their goals for the year are going to be, what their resolutions will be.

This post really jumped out at me. Of thinking of a single word that will define what your year will be. This person's word was: risk.

My word for this year - streach.

I am going to be pushing harder and moving into territory on my job that I am not really all that fimilar with. My tendency would be to hand these off to someone else, but this year I am going to make a run at them myself. Also I am going to streatch myself to be more present for my family. This is going to be a continual thing that I am sure that I will fail at, but I hope to get better about that.

Ok, so those might be goals. But what is your word?

1 comment:

Kar said...

my word would have to be "intentional"