Friday, October 14, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Catch

Five Minute Friday, a time where we can blog without having to worry about edits or over thinking.   If you would like to join me here if you would like to participate.


Start >

The word catch first made me think of baseball (I love the playoffs and the drama at the end of the season)
But then it quickly moved to the products and projects that I work with
And more specifically what I really work to do, which is to create and then cast a vision for these that the team can 'catch'


The importance of a vision can not be understated
The team 'catching' the vision is critical for success, because we all need to know where we are going and what we are trying to do
If the entire team is not moving towards the same vision - everything will swirl and you will not get things accomplished


A successful vision must be clear - so that everyone understands
It must be short - so that everyone can remember
It must be repeated - so that we don't forget
It must be refreshed - because things change and goals are accomplished


In the same way in our lives - we must have a vision
What vision do I have for my life?
If I don't know what that is - my life will just swirl
And I will end up no where


A statement that I heard this morning coming into work was something to the effect of:
"All of us are born with the ability for the extrodianry. The sad truth is that so many of us die ordinary."
- Erwin McManus

So what is your vision?

< Stop

Much thanks to the Andy Stanley book "Making Vision Stick" which has really been invaluable to me. And where many of these concepts around vision come from.

No comments: