Was able to see Star Trek this weekend. Here is my confession - I am not a huge fan of the Trek world. I knew who the characters where, but never really got really into the movies or the various series that were taken from that storyline.
BUT with J.J. Abrams as the MDIC on this movie - it had to be good right?
And it was. It was full of back story on who these characters are and what motivates them. And it is full of action. Mind bending, sweet, sweet action.
Here is one of the highest praises that I think that can be said of this movie is that it helps 'newbies' or those who never really got into the earlier series could catch on really fast and those that were attending who were Star Trek trivia winners (they were quoting references to various TV episodes where some of the stuff was referencing) could both really enjoy the movie.
My hope after seeing this is that J.J. continues to take this series into really fun and exciting places.

No comments:
Post a Comment