Monday, April 25, 2011

The best words

I have been on a recent stretch of interactions with people and I am more convinced then ever that sometimes the best words are the ones that I don't say. See I have this issue with 'dead air' I feel that it needs to be filled with conversation or words and in my attempt to rush in an fill the space that is there it just creates awkward interactions. Another area that I have to realize is that I don't need the last word. It is ok to have someone comment on something and I just nod or acknowledge that I have heard and understand, but that doesn't mean that I have to continue to build on it or top it. Now it is one thing to understand that these sorts of things are what have caused my recent rash of strange human interactions, now I just have to get to a more quiet me. One who listens but doesn't have to comment unless it is needed. One who is ok with the spaces in-between our sentences.  This is not going to be easy. So if you run into me over the next few days, go easy on me. I am still learning.

No comments: